SECOND HALF PROPERTY TAX NOTICES NOT AFFECTED BY COVID-19
Doña Ana County Treasurer Eric L. Rodriguez announced that second half property tax deadline of Monday, May 11 is not affected by COVID-19.
“We made every effort to get relief for taxpayers, but ultimately that was not within our legal authority,” Rodriguez said. The New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department decided against extending the payment deadline on a call with several counties Wednesday, April 1, citing that it would hurt cash flows for local taxing entities such as school districts and municipalities. “We want to avoid burdening taxpayers who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic,” Rodriguez said. “That is why we will continue to work with the state and our legislators for subsequent relief options.”
To avoid penalty and interest accruals, property second half taxes are due on Monday, May 11. Since in-person payment services are closed, the Treasurer’s Office encourages taxpayers to use one of the following payment options:
• By phone: 575-647-7433, Toll Free 1-877-827-7200 ext. 7433
• Online at: www.donaanacounty.org/treasurer/payments
• By mail: P.O. Box 1179 Las Cruces, NM 88004
• 24 Hour drop box: in front of the County Government Center
• Bill pay: This is a service provided by most banks
For questions or service requests, please contact the Treasurer’s Office:
• Phone: 575-647-7433, Toll Free 1-877-827-7200 ext. 7433
• Email: email@example.com
• Mail: 845 N Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007
“During these challenging times, we will continue to remain focused on customer service and we will make every effort to respond, in a timely manner,” Rodriguez said.
For more information on the Treasurer’s COVID-19 response plan, please visit www.donaanacounty.org/treasurer.