PAY YOUR BILL ONLINE It’s safe, quick and easy!
Bravo Mic Communications LLC has an opening for part and full-time On-Air and Digital Talent for future openings. We’re looking for talent to put on a show, not just an air shift. The ideal candidate can easily connect with people on-air, in person, and on social media. Individuals applying for this position must possess a strong work ethic, be a team player, be able to work within format parameters to maximize ratings and revenue success, and be able to relate to the lifestyle that is Southern New Mexico. You should be a great storyteller, understand the concept of forward-moving momentum in a digital world, be active and forward-thinking with social media and video, and can effectively tease and deliver compelling content with great pacing and timing.
The right candidate will be joining our leading team of broadcasting radio stations and online digital networks in Las Cruces and Deming, New Mexico- with KVLC 101 GOLD, KXPZ ZIA COUNTRY 99.5, KMVR MAGIC 104.9, NEWS TALK 92.7 FM KOBE 1450, AND KMVR-HD2 LA EQUIS 96.7, KDEM 94.3 AND KOTS 1230AM along with LasCrucesToday.com digital network.
- Show prep, including format-related content, with a primary focus on LOCAL content; writing and posting web and social media content; writing and delivering commercial or personal endorsement content.
- Hosting regular air shifts, plus other voice-tracked shifts as assigned.
- Duties include working closely with the Operations Manager and Station Managers to develop relatable content, execute format, and deliver rating goals.
- Control board operation, including editing phone bits, interviews, and other audio.
- Remotes and appearances at station or life group functions, as assigned.
- Work with sales and promotions to maximize revenue opportunities, including promotions and personal endorsements.
What we look for:
- A strong desire to learn new formats, new techniques, and new ways to emphasize your talent in different platforms.
- Strong and open personality. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of success in ratings and revenue.
- Experience operating all on-air and production equipment.
- Experience with audio software editing products (Adobe Audition, etc.)
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automation systems (Wide Orbit, Audiovault, etc.), word processing, audio editing, and web/social media.
- Available as needed, including nights, weekends, etc., when required.
- MUST be social media savvy, ready to be involved in the Southern New Mexico community.
Bravo Mic Communications, Las Cruces’ leading broadcast and digital marketing company, is seeking a full-time Media Consultant. If you’re not afraid to get to know your community and use your resources to make Las Cruces and Southern New Mexico a stronger community, then we’re looking for you. From selling broadcast airtime on Southern NM’s favorite radio stations to digital ad placements for clients on Las Cruces’ fastest growing online news source, your earning potential at Bravo Mic is unlimited.
We are looking for someone who is highly self-motivated, can multi-task, and is ready for the future of marketing. We offer a competitive benefits package, schedule flexibility, and a team atmosphere. If you like computers, people, music, and a creative environment, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Bravo Mic Communications, c/o Jobs, 101 Perkins Drive, Las Cruces, NM 88005. See the full job description … read more…
He’s making a list, and WE’RE checking it twice!
Santa Paws is Proudly Sponsored by
He’s making a list, and WE’RE checking it twice!
Today Lyndsey Kalson of KXPZ Zia Country 99.5 and Ricky T of KMVR Magic 104.9 drove the Zia Country sleigh to deliver goodies to our shelter animals just in time for Christmas! On top of that, they also dropped off a check of $1000.00 at each location thanks to the New Mexico Broadcast Association Foundation!
A special thank you to our drop-off locations for donations
Horse N Hound Feed and Supply- 208 N. Motel Blvd., Las Cruces, NM 88007– Telephone 575-644-3857
Pets Barn- 1600 S Valley Dr Las Cruces, NM 88005 Phone: 575 541 8300
Better Life Pet Supplies- 315 S Telshor Blvd C, Las Cruces, NM 88011 Phone: (575) 522-0115
Thank you for being Santa Paws, Las Cruces!!!
Do you need a new grill and assorted meats to cook? Enter to win right now on our website!
Fill out your information and you could be our winner this December! Your new grill is being offered up by Sun Valley Hardware, only on La Equis, 96.7
The winner will be decided on the 11th of December and will be contacted directly.
Read all contest rules now on lax967.com
Who’s ready for a makeover?!
KMVR is your station bringing you Magic104.9’s “Radio Rescue” this Fall! (Listen for the Magic Password daily to win fun prizes and to get qualified for a full radio makeover!) Each week, Listeners will tune in with the Magic Morning Vibe with Rick and Patty to find out when the Magic Password of the day will be announced. The Magic Morning Vibe will announce what time to listen for the daily password every Monday-Friday. Listeners will then tune in at said time to catch the Magic Password of the day. The following morning, Rick and Patty will cue for lucky caller number 9! If the listener can get through and deliver the correct Magic Password, they will qualify for the full radio makeover from Sounds Unique in Las Cruces! Qualifiers will also get our brand new Magic104.9 T-shirts and any other fun prizes we can safely give out during the promotion. If the listener gives the wrong password, Rick and Patty will open up the phone lines again until a winner is found. Listeners with an incorrect password can play again the following day.
Online-To make it even more interesting, listeners can head to our website(Magic1049fm.com) to see the Magic Password from the previous day. The password will change daily and will be posted to the website 20 minutes before the morning show opens the phone lines for our listeners next chance qualify.
Need a new grill and some meat to throw on it? Don’t we all! That’s why Zia County is GRILLIN AND CHILLIN THIS FALL FOR YOU CHANCE TO WIN! Just listen daily for the special Santa’s Grillin’ and Chillin’ Sounder to win a new Grill from Sun Valley Hardware!
Tune in to the Dr. Scott Show every weekday morning at 7:30 am and find out the exact time for the day when the special Santa Grillin’ and Chillin’ Sounder will hit during your workday. Then, be sure to listen in at the right time to catch the day’s Santa Grillin’ and Chillin’ on Zia Country.
Then, be caller #9 at 575-521-0995! If you are the correct caller, you’ll be entered to win the new Grill from Sun Valley Hardware! Full contest rules can be found here.
KVLC 101.1 FM wants to keep you HEALTHY FOR THE HOLIDAYS AND BEYOND! Listen every weekday beginning November 2nd for the special “Santa Sounder” to get entered to win a brand new REME HALO Air Purification System from Sun City Plumbing & Heating! We’ll get our official winner on December 11th! But you’ve got to get qualified between now and then!
Tune in to the 101 Gold Morning Show with Donna Dollar at 7:30 am and find out the exact time for the day when that special Santa Sounder will hit! When it does, be caller #10 at 575-527-1011 and you will be entered to win the new REME HALO Home Air Purification System from Sun City Plumbing & Heating!
It’s 101 Gold’s “Healthy for the Holidays and Beyond” brought to you by Sun City Heating & Plumbing! Full contest rules can be found here.
The Annual Bravo Mic Communications Community Giveback Exceeds Goals for Las Cruces Public Schools!
Thank you to every caller and visitor for your donation this past Friday, July 31st for our Stuff the Bus Radiothon!!!
Our fundraising goal was set at $10,000 for Friday, July 31st, but our wonderful community went beyond that, raising $13,306. And at the end of the day, Ned Bennett and Sandy Zane matched those donations!
And that total is STILL growing as we continue to take donations online through 8/30/20. All funds will be distributed to Las Cruces Public Schools Wednesday, September 2nd with a check ceremony at Las Cruces Public Schools Administration building.
Below is a list of the amazing community members who made our Stuff the Bus Radiothon so successful! So many individuals and businesses stepped up for our kids, and we can’t thank you enough!
Amanda Askins-Amanda Skarsgard -Amy Ewing- Andrea Silva- Andrew Elliott- Andy Johnson -Arthur Flores -Belinda Gallego-s Beth Tierney -Betsy Geery- Brenda Quintana- Campos Portraits– Carmen Whitlock -Carol Cooper -Cindy Valverde -Claudette Ybarra- Claudia Clements- Clifford Richmond -Crystal Hyslop -Curtis Waller- Cynthia Galvan- Dana Beasley -Danielle Abril -Deana Baker -Deanna Wilkinson- Deborah Moore -Delia Cervantes -Diane Franklin- Doreen Gallegos -Edwanda Williams-Elizabeth & Bob Riley -Emily Emerick-Ernie Viramontes -Frank Mittel –
Fraternal Order of Police
Frida Trujillo-Glenda Rodriquez- GM Builders -Holguin’s Electric- Jane Harvey-Jane McCann -Jason Conteras- Jean Hertzman- Jeffrey Beasley- Jessica Hernandez -JJ Gomez -Joe Candelaria- JR Stewart Foundation- Karen Holmes- Karen Trujillo- Kassandra Gandara- Ken Hacker – Kevin Loranc- Kym Ramsey- Linda Smiggen- Lora Lopez- Loree Rinck Lucia – Palacios Manuel – Castillo Manuel- Sanchez Maria DeBaca -Marianne Williams -Marieka Brown -Michael Valenzuela- Mina Fuller -Monique Caro –New Mexico Under Pressure- Pamela Cole -Patricia Guerra –PRC Productions –Rhianna Thomas Robert Palacios- Robert Quintana- Roberto Lozano -Ruby Bada-Scott Aber -Sherry Yount -Sommer Mitchell- Staci Delfin -Susan Merrick- Taryn Fogle -Theresa Adams- Tiffany Gomez- Tiffany Scoughton- Toccara Ragland-Skye – Yoli Silva
And a very special “Thank You” to Ned Bennett and Sandy Zane!
BRAVO MIC COMMUNICATIONS
Summer 2020 Office Policies
In light of the ongoing necessity to adopt daily habits and norms to the ongoing COVID-19 situation while also needing to begin moving to a “business as normal” state of operation, Bravo Mic Communications is implementing the following policies for staff and visiting clients.
For BMC Clients & Visitors:
• Entrance into BMC facilities should be by appointment only
• All clients and visitors are required to wear a mask upon entering BMC.
o An attempt will be made to provide masks to all clients and visitors
who do not possess their own.
• All clients and visitors will be asked to sign in at the front desk upon arrival.
• Clients and visitors will be escorted directly to scheduled recording space by
assigned DJ and then back outside by DJ or salesperson.
• If any client or visitor is feeling sick, it is highly requested that their
appointment be rescheduled to after they are feeling better.
• Live Remote policies have changed for the time being. And can be found below
Bravo Mic Communications recognizes the tense and uncertain time Las Cruces, the Mesilla Valley, the state of New Mexico, and the entire country are in as we all transition from lock-downs to re-opening and returning to a more normal business environment. Bravo Mic will do its best to maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all staff, clients, and visitors. Bravo Mic appreciates the loyalty and patience of its clients along with the hard work and dedication of its staff. At the end of the day, it is up to each individual to ultimately do what is best for their personal health and safety, at work and elsewhere. Please be mature, conscious, and patient of others around you so we can all get through this together.
For BMC Staff:
• Wash your hands frequently, especially when first entering the building at
the start of each workday and/or when returning from lunch, live remotes,
or meeting with clients.
• Wipe down work surfaces around you: keyboards, phone, desk, etc. at the
end of each day or before leaving. Production staff will continue with
current studio sanitation practices already in place since March.
• Continued effort to maintain a 6-foot distance whenever possible.
• Masks have been provided to all employees. However, unless working
directly with a client, it is not required that a mask be worn inside BMC
facilities. Use of masks will be left to individual discretion until further
• If working with a client or guest visiting the building, a mask must be worn
by both the visitor and BMC staff member attending to them.
• Clients and visitors should be entering BMC by appointment only. In-person
contact should be kept at a reasonable minimum.
o Clients and visitors will be asked to sign in at the front desk when
entering the building.
o DJs will be responsible for escorting clients to scheduled recording
spaces and then sanitizing recording space after the client has left.
o The sales staff will be responsible for sanitizing the conference room after any
meeting with clients or visitors.
o Clients and visitors are not allowed in the sales area or staff offices until
• If any BMC staff member is feeling sick, please seek immediate medical
care and stay home.
Response to Closures of Solid Waste Transfer Stations, Green Waste and Recycling Centers
Upon the closure of essential businesses and the restrictions of mass gatherings, recycling, green waste, and transfer stations in Las Cruces and Dona Ana County experienced a significant increase in business which caused crowding and gathering at our facilities. To sustain long-term availability of our solid waste management services and protect our staff and the members of the public, the decision to close recycling and yard waste disposal to the general public ties directly to the Governor’s stay at home directive.
- March 23rd NM Department of Health issued a Public Health Emergency Order
- Part of that ordered advised: “New Mexico citizens should stay at home and undertake only those outings absolutely necessary for their health, safety, or welfare.”
- Further statements made by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham: “The only way for us to stop the spread of this virus is for New Mexicans to stop interacting with each other. New Mexicans must be crystal-clear on this point: Right now, every time you leave your house, you are putting yourself, your family and your community at risk. Only by distancing from one another, by remaining home except for essential or emergency travel, can we limit the spread of this virus to the point that it does not overwhelm New Mexico.”
- The decision to limit accessibility to the general public for recycling and yard waste disposal was in the best interest of the community as a whole. We do not feel that these services are necessary for the community’s health, safety, or welfare and individuals should stay at home, rather than trying to dispose of these items at this time.
- March 31st – Covid 19 cases: 18 in DAC; 315 in NM – that we know of
- The intent of the Governor’s order, people not working, businesses closed, is so people will stay at home. Limiting access to these services is an attempt to keep people at home and not out in the community where other members of the public and City staff are exposed to the threat of this virus.
Options that are available in lieu of these service centers are:
- If you are a city residential solid waste customer – leave your green waste items out for the Green Grappler on your scheduled pick-up day
- Schedule can be found here: https://externalforms.las-cruces.org/Grappler/Grappler
- Place your recyclables in your blue bin for your scheduled pick-up day
- Schedule can be found here: https://scswa.net/curbsiderecycling/
- Las Cruces Public Schools Recycling Bins are still currently serviced on a weekly basis (no glass)
- Locations can be found here: https://scswa.net/schoolrecycling/
- County Collection Centers are still accepting recycling materials (no glass) during these hours:
- Open Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Locations can be found here: https://scswa.net/countycollectioncenters/
- Hold on to your items for a little while until services return to normal schedules/accessibility
The South Central Solid Waste Authority (SCSWA) can be reached at (575) 528-3800 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The SCSWA manages solid waste and recyclables for residents and businesses throughout Doña Ana County.
Las Cruces Utilities can be reached at 575-528-3500 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Las Cruces Utilities provides services to approximately 100,000 Las Cruces residents and businesses.